Sunday, January 9, 2011

Week 01/2011 roll up

Still not quite use to my new activity, i.e. blog about my family's daily diet yet.  Some of the pictures were taken when we were half way through the meal.  Please pardon me for the quality of the photos.  Anyway... here is the the roll up for the pass 2 days since i decided to blog about it.

8 Jan:We had our lunch at home as usual.  Well... not too much of fresh ingredient in the fridge since we just return from Hongkong, so mom made chai-po ommelete and pork with kiam-chai, and we had purple rice porridge to go with it.  Both chai-po and Kiam-chai are preserved vegetable...i didn't read the ingredient on the packaging ... so i have no idea what were the "chemicals" added.  Too bad i didn't take any picture.  On scale of A-E, i rate the lunch "C".  But it is still a healthier home cook meal as it has reduced oil and no MSG.

Dinner was good.  I rate it "A" with a minus sign since we dipped the cucumber with sambal belacan.  We had brown rice for the lunch


9 Jan:
Simple lunch.  i have to give it a "B" because we had our favourite canned Sardine.  It's a processed food.  man!  Forgoten to read the ingredient again.  Vege was good though.

 Then we had my mom's best chicken rice for dinner.  I have to rate it "A".  Not only it is delicious, it is also healthy as the rice is not so oilly, and everything are made from fresh ingredient including the chili dip (of course not the soya sauce).  We also had my mom's special cucumber marinated with lime as side dish.  I packed the same food for lunch, tomorrow, i'll try to remember to take a picture of the cucumber.
Here is a minus point for the day.  Pat and I had a curry puff each for tea break.  I'm not promoting for anyone, this curry puff is the famous curry puff from Ang Mo Kio, which some said the owner was the one who were jailed due to failure to file tax correctly.  I donno...it's just yummy... but oilly and full of carb.  :P  on 80/20 basis, i guess it is ok :D


and ya... that summarize what we ate for the pass 2 days.  Simple food, but home made.

No comments:

Post a Comment